Tuesday 31 March 2020

interview with Coach Folabi Ojekunle

[3/31, 6:33 AM] Usman: Interview with Coach Folabi Ojekunle aka coach folly .....anchor by Mr Ibitoye shittu..held at Kwara sport arena
[3/31, 6:33 AM] Usman: [3/28, 7:56 PM] Usman: Coach Folley will be online by 8pm Tonight.......it will be broadcast in all KOLLER radio stations
[3/28, 8:02 PM] Usman: Good evening Coach Folley
[3/28, 8:02 PM] Usman: Nice to have you with us here Sir...... Trust you are fine
[3/28, 8:06 PM] Usman: [3/28, 8:04 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Coach, tell us how your soubriquet as "Folley" came?
[3/28, 8:04 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Why are you being called Folley?
[3/28, 8:06 PM] Coach Folley: It’s from Folabi since when I was small
[3/28, 8:09 PM] Usman: [3/28, 8:07 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Coach, where are you from..... Tell Kwarans
[3/28, 8:09 PM] Coach Folley: I’m from Lagos that’s where my dad from and our family house is at mushin Ojekunle street, and my mum is from kwara, esirogunjo family pakata
[3/28, 8:15 PM] Usman: [3/28, 8:11 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: How did you start your coaching career and where?
[3/28, 8:13 PM] Coach Folley: It all started at mushin fatai atere way 2 decades ago
[3/28, 8:22 PM] Usman: [3/28, 8:20 PM] Coach Folley: I stated with Folley babes, Jegede fc, babanawa fc kogi before traveling to London in 2010
[3/28, 8:20 PM] Coach Folley: Where I work with Aquinas FC, Tottenham Hotspur
[3/28, 8:20 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: You coached Babanawa? What year?
[3/28, 8:21 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Do you know I was media officer of Babanawa for three years?
[3/28, 8:30 PM] Usman: [3/28, 8:22 PM] Coach Folley: The team was in Lagos then
[3/28, 8:23 PM] Coach Folley: We trained at army barrack charity, Oshodi
[3/28, 8:23 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: How was your experience working in England compared to Nigeria and why did you come back to Nigeria
[3/28, 8:26 PM] Coach Folley: All I know about football in the UK 🇬🇧 is opposite to what is happening here, I came back to the country cos there more talents in Nigeria 🇳🇬 than anywhere in the world and that’s why when ABS fc mr alloy Chukwuemeka send for me in 2017 I did not hesitate to accept coming to Nigeria
[3/28, 8:33 PM] Usman: [3/28, 8:27 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: How many players have you discovered in Kwara?
[3/28, 8:28 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Can you beat your chest to name some players you discovered in Kwara?
[3/28, 8:47 PM] Usman: [3/28, 8:33 PM] Coach Folley: I begin to get to know kwara in 2018 when I join ABS and I have discover lots of young talents I even took them to Abuja for a trial match when I brought two intermediary’s from Manchester city to Nigeria 🇳🇬 last year but I’ll say presently I have a player with me at Udala FC Najeem Jimoh that I signed
[3/28, 8:34 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: What were your challenges at ABS
[3/28, 8:35 PM] Coach Folley: No much challenge cos I wasn’t the head coach of the team
[3/28, 8:36 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Coach, did you play the game before moving into coaching?
[3/28, 8:40 PM] Coach Folley: Yea, I played for my school both pry n sec Eko boys high school mushin lagos and I am also the assistant games prefect, I’m also well know in Lagos cos I played for Nigeria 🇳🇬 railway co operation before moving to nitel of Lagos in 90’s
[3/28, 8:40 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Big man Folley
[3/28, 8:40 PM] Coach Folley: I played as a midfielder
[3/28, 8:41 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Who will you name as the best Nigerian midfielder ever
[3/28, 8:41 PM] Coach Folley: Austin Okocha
[3/28, 8:43 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Adex wants to know what you can say about present Kwara United team since you have watched them play
[3/28, 8:45 PM] Coach Folley: Promising cos most of them are young, all they need Do is to be focus and identity their mistakes and work on it
[3/28, 8:49 PM] Usman: [3/28, 8:47 PM] Coach Folley: Anxiety! This makes them loose goal in match situation
[3/28, 8:48 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Interesting
[3/28, 8:52 PM] Usman: [3/28, 8:49 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Are you a coach who discover new players or you are among the coaches who only look for already materials

From Adex again
[3/28, 8:51 PM] Coach Folley: I don’t do ready made, players discovery is my watchword most of the players I started my career with are doing fine both in Nigeria 🇳🇬 and abroad as many have turn to coaches, scouts, players intermediary’s etc
[3/28, 8:57 PM] Usman: [3/28, 8:53 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: What is your view on the current predicament of Kwara united VI's a Vi's technical or managerial


From Mr Aluko
[3/28, 8:56 PM] Coach Folley: The problem is technical! In fairness the current kwara united team led by mr Kumbi Titiloye gave their best in motivating the team. The technical crew need a goal scorer not just players
[3/28, 9:11 PM] Usman: [3/28, 8:57 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Hmmmm..... Technical crew right?
[3/28, 9:01 PM] Coach Folley: Yes, they need to get someone to put the ball in the net. It’s not nice for us as a coach to stand by the sidelines for the whole minutes without getting the goals when the chances are begging
[3/28, 9:02 PM] Coach Folley: “Kwara United need a net shaker”
[3/28, 9:06 PM] Coach Folley: I use this medium to thank you for your support My president Mr Wale Alao.

Kwara United is a No for now, the present coaches are not doing bad, the present players need to be more committed. Apex aim of my career is the national team
[3/28, 9:07 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: What ethics Nigeria coaches are not doing to meet the international football demands



From Lasoro
[3/28, 9:22 PM] Usman: [3/28, 9:16 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: From Salman Muhammed


He wants to know if you have plan for women football
[3/28, 9:18 PM] Coach Folley: Yes, in fact crystal palace female football team chairman is my very good friend and I have discussed kwara girls with him, something good is coming to kwara on that I discussed more with my friends coach Uwe, coach ariyo and coach bula
[3/28, 9:19 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: What the difference between Nigeria coach and foreign coach



From Lasoro
[3/28, 9:32 PM] Usman: [3/28, 9:27 PM] Coach Folley: Most  Nigeria 🇳🇬 coaches are always afraid to loose job 
Foreign coach don’t.
They are always upgraded and informative, Nigeria coaches don’t 
etc
[3/28, 9:28 PM] Coach Folley: Foreign coaches take responsibility when their team fails, 
Nigeria 🇳🇬 coach talks about God and complain about referees
[3/28, 9:31 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Considering your pedigree and how you've worked in England

Why did you go to a lower League team in Nigeria?

Is it that you are desperate to get a job?

Is it that you can't handle any NPFL club?
[3/28, 9:47 PM] Usman: [3/28, 9:38 PM] Coach Folley: Thanks Mr Ibitoye for this question!

I signed for my present club cos the players I met on ground are better than some playing in the NPFL it’s just that opportunity was not given to them. 

Am not desperate, I have different offers but I don’t work with conditions my way of coaching is differ 

NPFL is gonna come soon
[3/28, 9:39 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Which club are you supporting in Nigeria and outside, I mean your favorite club and what is target at Udala?


From Adex
[3/28, 9:57 PM] Usman: [3/28, 9:46 PM] Coach Folley: Actually I worked for Tottenham Hotspur but I’m a Manchester United fan in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 and any team I coached in Nigeria 🇳🇬.

My aim and objectives with Udala FC is 
1. To win the Anambra independent league (AIFL) league for the team which we are the group leader without any lost 

2. To bring the team to NNL.

3. Is to make our mark in the FA Cup
[3/28, 9:48 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Coach, what will you say about favouritism among Nigerian Coaches either clubside or National in selecting their players? Some school of thought even alledge collecting money from players. What's your take?


From Doctor Steve
[3/28, 9:50 PM] Coach Folley: Thanks Doctor, not nice at all and this is killing us as a nation players don’t use to work hard anymore believing that they’ll have their way once they buy the coach
[3/28, 9:52 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Coach, what's  you advise on 
covid -19, how do you think our people can stay alive ? 
Are you safe as well? If yes , send us your present picture and where you da now? 
 to confirm 🤣🤣🤣🤣


From Adex
[3/28, 9:52 PM] Coach Folley: Very sad bro, I have a story of gata junior World Cup saga that I won’t want to share here
[3/28, 10:10 PM] Usman: [3/28, 9:58 PM] Coach Folley: Thanks Adex award photo journalist!

I am very good where I am.

Corona Virus isn’t a joke friend, family and colleagues and I’ll use this medium to advise us all to stay safe by staying at home until solution is discovered. Am also using this opportunity to thank mr Ibitoye shittu for his initiatives also big thanks to the donors mr bakinde, Bashir badawi and my able kwara United chairman mr Kumbi Titiloye for their contribution to humanity
[3/28, 9:59 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Please kindly ask if he works with agents who supply players to him


From Retired Referee Ajao
[3/28, 10:00 PM] Coach Folley: No, I work with coaches...
[3/28, 10:02 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: What's the coach advice for all players now on the situation the global are now about their career on self training


From Azeez Omoluabi
[3/28, 10:04 PM] Coach Folley: Thanks mr Azeez 

It’s compulsory that they go for personal training, road works, seat ups and ball works if possible cos if you leave football for 1 day he will leave you for 1 months
[3/28, 10:06 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: Coach, what's your advice for all Kwaran coaches
[3/28, 10:08 PM] Ibitoye Journalist Kwara State: What is the Coach's Insurance Policy Assessment in Nigeria ? And what  Insurance Policy Program he has for his Players

From Ismail Ayodeji
[3/28, 10:09 PM] Coach Folley: They should come together as one cos no superiority in coaching what I know is not what someone else know they should also be part of kwara states coaches association and rally round kwara united technical crew to be successful  especially at this trial time. It’s kwara United not someone else name

No comments:

Post a Comment